Drainage pipework advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a pipe (see image below) that i need to run a toilet, bath, shower and sink into.

The toilet will sit just to the right of this pipe and i think it will just come out of the toilet, turn left and then drop down the top so to speak.

The sink and shower will also come from the right but for the right water fall will need to join at or just below floor level.

The bath will come from the front and will have to also join at floor level at same level as sink and shower.

Is this possible?

Another way i was thinking about is to dig down a bit and put a junction for the toilet underground a bit and bring it up where the toilet will sit to the right and then i should be able to drop the other pipes down the top. Is that possible?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

drainpipe.jpg

Sponsored Links
My thoughts are to fit a soil manifold (probably at or just below floor level) to accept your wastes, then connect W.C. into top. Fit AAV if necessary.

Foresight would have been a wonderful thing.

Looks like you're going to be busy with your kango and hope that you can get a seal with your new connectors

Hi

Thanks for the replies.

I think the soil manifold is the way to go.

As for foresight i don't do anything without over thinking it first and is why i post on here. Unfortunately it was there when i brought the place. ;)

Cheers

Sponsored Links
As for foresight i don't do anything without over thinking it first and is why i post on here. Unfortunately it was there when i brought the place. ;)

Cheers
With foresight, you wouldn't have bought the place then ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Something like this it is then

With foresight i would have visisted the place 2 years earlier before the person that built the extention died. That way i would have known what he had in mind :confused:

Anyway, how much pipework is there before the invert? Just wondering how much depth you have to play with - ideally that manifold should be subterranean enough to allow for the shower and bath wastes sweeping 90 into it.

The concrete floor that you can see has got to come up about 70mm but will be done with a framework and ply on top so hopefully pipes will run underneath somehow.

If not then i will need to channel out around 2 1/2 metres each way for shower/sink and bath.

What sort of drop will i need?

Sounds do-able but tight. Does that pipe go deep enough to dig out enough concrete to get the manifold on?

Drop is anywhere from 18 to 80mm per metre.

Yes the pipe goes down approx 480mm underground before the bend.

Obviously the bigger gradient the better then?

It may be worth considering digging right the way down so you can replace the current vertical pipe with the manifold onto the bend - saves trying to muck about with another coupler and cutting the pipe in the right spot.

Get whatever gradient you can off the wastepipes.

Ideally the top of the manifold should be positioned level or slightly below the concrete. Digging down 450 won't be hard. The concrete will be less than 100mm thick and below will be type 1 or sand.
Break out the concrete around the pipe big enough to take the manifold then pull the existing pipe out (might need to hold it will a couple of pairs of grips). Cut a new piece of pipe with a collar on and fit manifold to it then drop back into position. Should take less than an hour without power tools.

Ideally the top of the manifold should be positioned level or slightly below the concrete.
This is the only thing I disagree with tamz. Although there's going to be a floating floor of 70mm or so covering the wastepipes, the bends (swept or knuckle) together with the subsequent stubs into the manifold seals will require it to be placed lower.

If we're both recommending the op to dig out the concrete and the blinding sand/MOT/shingle, then I reckon it's easier to replace the current upstand of pipe with the manifold itself rather than introduce a straight coupling down there.

Ideally the top of the manifold should be positioned level or slightly below the concrete.
This is the only thing I disagree with tamz. Although there's going to be a floating floor of 70mm or so covering the wastepipes, the bends (swept or knuckle) together with the subsequent stubs into the manifold seals will require it to be placed lower.

If we're both recommending the op to dig out the concrete and the blinding sand/MOT/shingle, then I reckon it's easier to replace the current upstand of pipe with the manifold itself rather than introduce a straight coupling down there.

Fair comment dex. Lower wouldn't do any harm and give more to play with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back