Drainage pipework advise

The phrase "optimum gradient" springs to mind.

From the op's description, the longest length will be about 2500mm with a drop of 30mm (40mm pipe in 70mm space) which is 1 in 83 which is just within (well nearly ;) :LOL: ) the regs.

Sponsored Links
With foresight i would have visisted the place 2 years earlier before the person that built the extention died. That way i would have known what he had in mind :confused:
Ask Derek Acorah to tell him off for doing a silly thing- maybe it WAS the last thing he did :confused:

Hi

Right having spent the afternoon trying to dig it out (have only got a little hole at the front) i have reached the soil/sand underneath. There is a metal wire going through the concrete at approx 70mm down (see image below). How can i cut that without special tools? I also have the wall footing to contend with behind the pipe also.

Thanks for all the previous replies, i have even more thoughts going through my mind, hence over thinking big time now :LOL:

drainpipe2.jpg

You can cut the reinforcing with an angle grinder, bolt cutters, a junior hacksaw or even a hammer and chisel if you put something below it.

Sponsored Links
I wish an hour, It probably did take about an hour to get that far, then i stood there looking at it for the rest of the time trying to think of a way to get around digging the rest :LOL:

But seriously how will the pipe that is already there be connected when i finally get down there? Glue? push fit? balanced :eek:

If i do go down that far with the manifold, do the other pipes just push fit and then back fill the hole around them?

Cheers

Almost certainly push fit. And all pipes pushfit (worth chamfering the end of them with a file or rasp, and purchasing a spray can of silicon lubricant for about a fiver)

Foresight? ;) Reminds me of the night I went to a Clairvoyancy meeting, only to find it was 'cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back