drainer waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i hope this thread will be clear enough!
I have got to connect a small sink in a coffee shop. The sink has got a 32 mm. waste outlet and its dish drainer has got its own waste outlet as well. As for the sink i have used a 32 mm S trap and tried to use a 32 mm. trap for the drainer as well but it won't fit. Actually the 32mm. screw cap fits but the 32mm. trap itself is slightly too big for it and does not make a proper seal. The sink is second hand and both the sink and its drainer only had the respective waste outlets fitted. Can anyone advise me on what type of trap do i need for the drainer please?

Sponsored Links
strange one.
can you not fit a new waste in the sink that takes the trap.

I was thinking that maybe a sink and a half waste kit could be used, changing the 1 1/4" for 1 1/2" wastes ? Whaddaya reckon seco ?

strange one.
can you not fit a new waste in the sink that takes the trap.
Hi seco services
the waste outlet cut out is too small to fit a standard 1 1/4 waste. i had thought of making a bigger hole but the drainer surface is not flat but grooved so the new waste would not seat flush in the cutting ...if you see what i mean

Sponsored Links
as crockett said change to 1 1/2" wastes.

but as you say its a bit of an oddball sink.
hard to say without seeing a pic etc.

so i take it it the lip on the trap by the rubber seal that won't go inside the waste hole ?

as crockett said change to 1 1/2" wastes.

but as you say its a bit of an oddball sink.
hard to say without seeing a pic etc.

so i take it it the lip on the trap by the rubber seal that won't go inside the waste hole ?
the actual waste cut out is small and all around the actual waste there are a series of grooves like in a normal kitchen sink drainer to allow the dripping water from dishes and glasses to drain out. So if a cut a bigger hole, the waste will be seating on the grooves and will not adher to the surface.

yes i get where your coming from.
is it a odd size waste, diameter that you cant get another one to fit the sink hole but also a trap will fit.

yes i get where your coming from.
is it a odd size waste, diameter that you cant get another one to fit the sink hole but also a trap will fit.
Yes seco services, it is quite odd indeed.
I can't find a trap that fits down there as i said the standard 32mm trap screw cap does screw on but the standard 32 mm. trap itself does not fit.............Actually do you think i could connect a sort of flexible ribbed pipe with a jubilee clip to the waste and the other end to a self cutting washing machine waste??!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back