Draining a combi boiler system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here we go again you say... but what do you recommend if there is nowhere to attach a drain hose to on any of the radiators? I have seen a recommendation of fitting a washing machine tap that cuts into the copper pipe but have also seen someone complaining that this was leaking. Any other options better than that? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
drain off point under the floor somewhere or under the boiler?

Whoever fitted it in the first place can't have filled the system just the once,finished the job and then f*cked off. No-one would do that, surely...?

why dont you choose a radiator downstairs close to an external door and turn off the rad and then drain it simply by putting a tray under it(something like a paint roller tray). Once the radiator has drained you can remove it and then attach a hose to one of the radiator valves on then open the valve to drain off. Not a difficult job, keep some old towels close to hand.

The self tapping connection you mentioned are generally good, I have used them to get me out of sh~~

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back