draining air from ch system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a complete novice, could someone please explain in laymans terms how to drain a ch system, i think i have air in the sy :confused: stem??? :confused:

Sponsored Links
You don't need to drain the system to air it! At the end of each rad you will find a square headed screw, using an airing key (B&Q if you don't have one) slacken each screw and you will hear a hissing sound as the air escapes do this untill you get water. Do this to each rad in turn.

Before you do this what type of boiler/system do you have. If it is a sealed system you may need to re-pressurise. Search fill point as there are plenty of posts on this.

What makes you think the system needs airing?

Happy to help Gasman ;)

If you haven't got a key, you may be lucky enough to have a screwdriver slot in the end of the radiator plug.

it looks just like

6909_l.jpg
this

and it fits in
bleed-valve.jpg
here (which is the end of a radiator)

Sponsored Links
Breezer's,isn't it about time you painted your radiator? :LOL:

no point it doesnt work (but then neither do the others (again)

likewise i am a complete novice when it comes to plumbing. i have problems with 2 radiators one is a leaking valve and the other leaks from the valve area when radiator is turned off-but is ok when turned on. i need to drain system to replace valve -would like advise on how best to do this and also any ideas with what problem could be with radiator that only leaks when turned off :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back