Draining garden water into Sewer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Half my garden is effectively modelling clay consistancy, and I have never been able to grow anything (inc weeds!) due to the location of my house, a retaining wall and very limited sunlight.

As a result I decided to install decking over the entire area, so far I have laid all the joists and am just finishing off the noggins & a few odds and ends before I lay the boards. My current issue is this drought(HAH!) we are having is turning the whole garden into a total quagmire. Everything is soaking and a drainage trench i dug between some posts (roughly 2 foot deep by 1 foot wide by 4 feet long) is full to the top of water - this is before I go ahead and fill it with gravel/rubble!

Now this drainage trench is about 1 foot away from one of these big concrete slab manhole/sewer access points for the house and I am sorely tempted to dig out the last foot of clay and then put a few cheeky holes through the concrete wall of it and fill the whole thing up with rubble & gravel.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Damn, with this "drought" we"re having they should be paying me for the extra water I am supplying them!

The soil.is solid clay as deep as I can dig, and the garden is 3.5m wide from my house to neighbours retaining wall. Garden then corners round up an incline to the rest of my small garden!

My soak away is currently full of water before I even out anything in it! :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back