Draining radiators on system with Combi Boiler

Sponsored Links
Safest thing to do is to make it absolutely sure that nobody can mistakenly turn the boiler on. If it comes from a fused spur, remove the fuse. If it is plug and socket, remove the plug.

Thanks but just to clarify my question - I need to know where are the flow and return water valves which will isolate the boiler from the radiators?

1. Best not to touch isolation valves as they more often than not will leak afterwards.
2. Why on earth would you want to fiddle with those in the first place?
3. If you must, the boiler installation manual will show you exactly where they are.

Sponsored Links
As already stated all you need do is isolate boiler electrically, by any of the ways that bengasman has stated.

Why do you want to isolate the boiler anyway?
Touch those valves and they will leak, causing pressure loss, and then you will have to keep topping the boiler up.

Graham

If you can't work out from the manual where the valves are, you really should leave the job to a pro, as you are likely to do more harm than good when you lack the necessary skills/understanding.

Thanks for your explanation. Does that mean that the radiators will not refill if the boiler is still connected to them and the water mains is still turned on? So to refill them do I open the screw on the flexible pipe which I use to pressurise the system?

Thats correct, in use the boiler and rads are isolated from mains supply until you recharge it via the filling loop [flexi pipe you refer too].
The mains to the boiler is only turned off to work on taps supplied by the mains or boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back