Combi Boiler - Not Staying Lit - Britony Combi 80

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Hope someone might be able to help, as I know nothing when it comes to boilers, but I'll post what I have tried (either rightly or wrongly).

We have a Chaffoteaux & Maury Britony Combi 80 (47-980-12) boiler, which is having problems.

It's occasionally firing up, but it doesn't stay lit for more than a couple of seconds, which means no heating or hot water.

If I turn the hot water tap on, I can hear it clicking over from central heating, but the pilot only ignites every 1 in 5 attempts.

I've released some pressure from the system (by draining some water from a radiator), then pressurised it back to 1 bar, but still no difference. I also unscrewed the pressure release valve at the back of the boiler, and only water came out, so doesn't seem to be air trapped in the system.

I've switched it off for 5 mins or so, to see if it needed to reset itself or something, but no luck.

Any advice would be great - unfortunately I can only find a manual for the newer model of Britony 80, which has different parts / layout to mine, so you'll have to speak about things in laymens terms.

Cheers,

Oli

Sponsored Links
I've got some Britony manuals, but they don't state the GC number :rolleyes:

If you add your e-mail to your profile I can send you one to see if i happens to be what you need.

Sponsored Links
Dave, thanks again for the manual.

The boiler seemed to sort itself out, so we cancelled the call out to the boiler repair guy. However, it's stopped again...just at the time when the British weather takes a turn for the worse. Great.

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Happy to replace parts if needed.

It's failing to kick in 99% of the time now. Pressing the reset button used to kick the flame in straight away, but doesn't do anything any more. Even if I turn the heating off, and switch a hot tap on, it doesn't fire up or anything.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back