draining system or not!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello guys,

I need to remove a radiator by next weekend so i can knock the wall it is aatached too.

I have found the pipes that come to the radiator before they go into the concrete floor.

Is there anyway I can cap the pipes off without having to drain the system down. or should I drain it. I have found what I assume to be the draining point. How much water should I expect to come out? should I run the pump for the system whilst draining it out?

I should also add that the boiler is sheduled for replacement at the end of the month. Should of been prior but the plumber had to knock me back 2 weeks :( So would that doing this work cause any issues for the iminent works. Eg would the plumber like to see the old system running prior to replacing.

Thanks in advance

Rob

Sponsored Links
With that fantastic level of detail I can honestly say - dunno.

Possibly. If you are good/quick/lucky.

Don't know what boiler y9ou have, what the system configuration is. How much access there are to the pipes, what the pipes are and what size they are.

:rolleyes:

ok sorry for the vagueness in the original post.

my basic question is

18814_P

would I be able to fit this.....

If i cut the pipe on flow and return to a radiator without draining it out.

I know i may get a little wet. but i dont want to be left with my finger sticking in a pipe!!! whilst the wife runs about flapping...

Just as a temporary measure until a plumber arrives in a couple of weeks to do a proper job.

Or could I freeze the pipe with some sort of spray a bit further up. Or is that just a myth that cant really be done.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Sponsored Links
Please see my original post :rolleyes: :?:

Seriously. I have done it. Would I tell you it is OK for you to do it based on the info you ave provided? No chance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back