Draining system - replace radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s a picture of my boiler arrangement.

IMG_2130.jpeg

There is a megaflo to the right of this picture and I believe that I have a system boiler.

I know a bit more…

I have a multizone underfloor heating system downstairs (Manifold downstairs) and a separate zone upstairs. I believe that in that picture we can see two sets of flow and return. Each with their own diverter valves. The flow and return going up to the loft feed all the upstairs radiators. They drop down to each radiator.

Problem - none of the rads have a drain cock and not sure how much it would help anyway, with a drop down system?

I now need to replace this bathroom rad.

IMG_2131.jpeg
IMG_2132.jpeg

This is not too far from the shower tray in the bath.

Can I please get some advice on how to approach this.

I have previously drained a combi system but the rads had a drain cock. There are some differences here that are causing me some concern.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Are you replacing rad like for like, same size?
Unless you want to change the valves and/ or ammend pipework ,there is no need to drain the system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back