Drains - poor fall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I understand that drains need to fall at a rate of 1:40 at least, if I cant achieve this due to the hieght of the existing pipework, is there another solution to get sink waste a long distance to my septic tank?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes may be a sump and a pump is the best option, or running the sink waste around the wall of the house - looks rubbish though. Dont suppose there is any kind of pump to push the waste as opposed to pulling it up from a sump is there??

The bottom of the nearest drain is 11" from the surface and the new waste is 15metres away. htouhg its just sink & dishwasher waste (no soil).

The bottom of the nearest drain is 11" from the surface and the new waste is 15metres away. its just sink & dishwasher waste (no soil).
You can go as low as 1:80.on a plastic 110mm drain..I had to dig mine up and lift one end so I got this min. fall...they were worse than level before :eek: BUT that`s for a WC. ...I`ve seen a whole row of houses blocked - proper falls etc. But the run only took sink/washingmachine water. So your problem isn`t about falls- it`s likely to be about volume of water and grease/soap deposits :cry: . IF you could get a wc onto the run before the sink...it would help a lot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back