Draughts through Chubb Style Mortice Locks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm having a problem with the builder of my new house as he's fitted 2 mortice locks to my patio doors and they let in one hell of a draught. I've now changed to euro cylinder locks and the problem has been solved. Has anyone else had this type of problem. I would appreciate some feedback as I'm taking this to the Small Claims Court

Sponsored Links
I've come across this more in a euro type lock to be fair, i've had my customers complaining of draughts through the key hole in the cylinder and from around the edges, my remedy to the edge problem was to get some 5mm thick foam and get my brother to cut some blocks on his laser cutter with a euro cylinder shaped hole in the middle, took the handles off and slipped one over the cylinder cutting it to size so the handle will still fit over it. What they expect me to do with wind blowing through the key slot i'll never know :evil:

As for the mortice lock :rolleyes: :?: if they've been fitted correctly then i don't see how it is the builders/joiners fault, unless they have chopped out too much or drilled far too many holes through the side of the door for the key hole and spindle?

Taking him to a small claims court is a bit extreme to say the least.....just because of a draught :confused: , must be more to it than just that :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back