Drayton RF3 actual temperature reading and response time??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a Drayton RF3 hooked up - what i am not sure about is why does it take so long for the actual temperature reading to change on theRF3 display?. It seems that even if i put it in the garage which is much colder than the house, it will only drop by a couple of degrees in an hour?

Whereas the temp display on my baby monitor will drop by more and much more rapidly if i put it in the same location?

In all other respects it seems to be operating fine.

Any input much appreciated

Thanks

Sunil

Sponsored Links
I am guessing, but I assume its so it does not respond to draft's. Mine seems to respond ok.

ok thanks for the input. I am just not sure and wanted to check with others/ experts.

Also, although its only been installed a couple of months i find it suprising that it doesnt drop below 21deg ever in the house (in fact it seems to only ever read normally between 22deg and 25 deg) - the stat is not wall mounted but we have it portable as we have a young baby and it helps for the missus to turn it on when they feel its not watm enough.

Heard of this before - seems someone at Drayton spent too long in the pub.
They do say it's to stop the thermostat reacting inappropriately if say the thing is in a hall and someone opens the front door. But they've got the delay far too long, the earlier ones didn't do it.
It should obviously go below 21 - try taking the batteries out, and put them back (in the right order of course, check the instructions) in the fridge.
If it seems to be working as they intended, but it's no good for you, phone Drayton and whinge. Would love to know what they say.

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris

Thanks for that! - i will try that tonight - do you know what Drayton might do about it if i whinge at them?

S

But if the delay is there and i ask for a warranty replacement, surely this will exhibit the same delay?

Thanks

These things are made on production line, there are tolerances, yours could be at the extreme end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back