Drayton Tempus 4 Weekender

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think we have a Drayton Tempus 4 Weekender controller / timer in our house. The reason I say "I think" is because it's a rented place, there's no manual for it and the writing is in a hard to read 1990's style (it was obviously fashionable back then).

We had a powercut last night, and I come down this morning to find that the controller / timer is not on. The boiler is switched on (power light is lit when switched on at the boiler), and a quick look indicates that the chain is power socket --> fuse box on wall --> Drayton --> boiler.

I've checked the fuse, which is fine, and power is clearly going through everything as the boiler is on. However the Drayton's screen is blank and appears to be in an "off" state, as the boiler is silent.

Having phoned the landlord, he said to switch it off at the wall, switch it back on and wait a bit (such a technical response!). We had this issue before when an engineer came out to check the timer and managed to leave it in this switched off state. When the landlord came around that time, he switched it off and on and we waited for 5 minutes and then it all kicked into life. He says there's nothing wrong with the timer, but seeing as it's an hour since I did the whole switch on / off thing and it is still not working, I just want to check there's nothing obvious I'm missing before telling the landlord that there clearly is a problem.

Hopefully the above makes sense - I'm not that clued up on boilers, timers and things.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But yours is broke.
A tempus 6 (24hr) or Tempus 7 (whole week)
could be fitted in half a minute, if nobody has tiled right up to it :rolleyes:
same backplate so that can stay, 2 screws underneath.

Chris,

Thanks for confirming my suspicions. I had a passing thought that the backup battery may have died, but that shouldn't mean it doesn't switch on when the power came back on?

After my post, I looked at the Tempus 7 and noticed it is a direct replacement and only costs around £50. There's no tiling and easy access to the timer, so will probably go with that one.

Thanks for your help. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back