drayton tempus 7 new for old

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys after a bit of advice.had probs with rusty 3 way valve and busted programmer.Drayton tempus 7.now got new stuff in place swopped old for new but a bit dubious about wiring as back of old programmer different from instructions on new....

http://www.heatweb.com/pdf/Invensys/Programmer Compatibility Chary.pdf

old programmer is 1 h/w off
2 h/w on
3 htn off
4 htn on..

any ideas much appreciated steve

Sponsored Links
hi seco .thank's very much for reply..same instructions as i have.only problem is on old wall block behind old programmer was connected

n l 2 3 4. no connection to 1

have been looking for wiring diagram to see what is astray..i'm 99% positive i put all connectors back as was taken off

thanks steve...

you sure you didn't put hw off in the ch off slot.

or check in your wiring box what colour the hw off is.

Sponsored Links
ok now sitting in front of wiring box..h w off Grey from 3 port valve is poss 2.now moving to 1...

like being in the dentist l.o.l ouch

it is the same colour etc.
and should be 3 wires in the junction box grey, one from stat, one from programmer.

me thinks this is the house jack and jill built whilst high on some form of drugs.. :D colours not tallying up as most wiring as in old or new house cabling i.eblue black brown ea to tank stat etc...think i have worked out which wiring is what though.. :D
now 2 central heating off???? :(
steve

that might be were i put it back in wrong then...dare i turn it on now ?????
with just 1 3 4 connected .....getting cold up on the coast.

only you know if you only done that one wire.
see if you have power first then try hw etc

the moment of truth..put h/w on ...pump all ok.power to boiler...no fire in boiler...spoke to my local heating engineer the other day he reckons circuit board may be on way out as before all probs used to go out to boiler press button and boom away she went...
do you think it's a good idea to trace all wiring from say room thermostat, pump,3 way valve etc and wire as a standard new installation.looked at wiring diagram from honewell 3 way valve but not too happy as room stat shown has 4 wire and mine only 3..do you know any simple wiring diagrams that us non plumbing types would understand. :D
thanks very much indeed Steve

if the wiring hasn't been touched only programmer i try it
you say pump is running for hw.
the boiler is getting a signal but not firing, so boiler issue.
have you tried pushing the button on boiler ?

yes pushed button turns over but no boom..will get my heating enginnr to look at this as nearly pay day.
out of interest should i have voltage to room thermostat
cheers person who doesn't sleep.. :D
Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back