dried paint on carpet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
any tips on acrylic paint that dried on what will remove it

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure if you still have the problem, but I personally have figured out an easy way to get acrylic paint out.

I used simple clothing detergant, just a little, a little bit of water, and a tooth brush. It worked great (as long as it wasn't scrubbed in in an attempt to get it while it was wet...i had a spot like that). It takes 5 minutes maybe of hard scrubbing...and if that doesn't work just try other things like regular soap, or even lysol.

Nstreet might have a point. A good way of removing small paint spots that have not soaked down into the pile is to carefully clip them out. The tiny hollow in the pile will never be noticed. This trick also works for tar spots - and you can split infinitives while you do it!

Sponsored Links
Thanks to my 3 year old neice I have been nursing a bright green stain on my cream carpet for the last few days.

I was in a rush so I made the mistake of rubbing it and obviously ended up with a bright green circle. I have tried everything from soap to bleach and so far nothing has worked. I have now borrowed a carpet shampoer so im hoping that will make a difference. When wet you can hardly see it but as it starts to dry it just appears back.

If anyone does have any advice I'd appreciate it, I'll post again how I get on.

scorpio";p="144166 said:
any tips on acrylic paint that dried on what will remove it

I would suggest you to mix some laundry detergent and water together and soak a towel in the mixture. Then lay this on top of the stain and leave it for up to 2 hours. Vacuum once the carpet is dry. Repeat this if it doesn't work entirely the first time. Hope this helps!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back