oil paint on brand new carpet!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my boyfriend and i recently bought a carpet for our living room after being without for nearly two years, and my boyfriend has been painting a picture with what he thought was acrylics, but i'd put some oils in the box by accident and after being dropped we've now got a stain in the middle of the carpet about 4cms in diameter!! it looks really nasty, but having read some replies to similar problems, i need to be able to get hold of the cleaning products easily!! by the way, the paint is black and the carpet is a similar colour to hot chocolate, and think it is an acrylic poly mix, and it is looped xx

Sponsored Links
get the yellow pages and phone a carpet cleaner, too many carpets get ruined by people using off the shelf products, whats more expensive, a new carpet damaged by rubbing away the pile or a carpet cleaners bill ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back