Dripping unvented cylinder (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, can anyone help please. The boiler is 5 years old, just been services but i have noticed a drip coming from it. Anyone have any ideas. I have posted a picture that shows boiler type and location of drip.
Thanks
Screenshot_20231209_195940_Samsung Internet~2.jpg

Sponsored Links
It’s an unvented cylinder not a boiler. The drip in question appears to be the drain off, so should be able to tighten it up

Thanks,
Where do i tighten it up from? There seems to be a small square nut underneath, is that it? Or is it at the cold water inlet which is just up and to the left?

Thanks,
Where do i tighten it up from? There seems to be a small square nut underneath, is that it? Or is it at the cold water inlet which is just up and to the left?

Yep, tighten the square nut, use an adjustable spanner on it.

As you are looking at it, tighten is to move the square + spanner, from the left, to the right.

It should only need a fraction of a turn.

Sponsored Links
Yep, tighten the square nut, use an adjustable spanner on it.

As you are looking at it, tighten is to move the square + spanner, from the left, to the right.

It should only need a fraction of a turn.

I think you mean, "clockwise"
The top rotates left to right but the bottom rotates right to left.

7TaK4G8TA.gif

I think you mean, "clockwise"
The top rotates left to right but the bottom rotates right to left.

No, the square part, screws into a threaded socket, as would a bolt, screw into a nut, so left to right it is, if it's upside down, to tighten.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back