Dripping water tank in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

While lying in bed the other night I noticed that our cold water tank in the loft was dripping for a good 45 minutes after I had used the toilet. It refills at a fairly standard rate almost straight after but I'm fairly certain it shouldn't continue to drip for this long afterwards.

I went up into the loft and sure enough the little tap that refills the tank was dripping water into the tank. I pushed the ball float down to check the water entered as normal and then lifted it back up again which stopped the dripping.

Looking at the level of water and the rate of the dripping I don't think we are going to get into the realms of overflowing, but it was very noticeable and hard to sleep through!

Any ideas what could be the issue, and is it an easy fix (DIY rookie here!).

Thanks in advance,
Ben

Sponsored Links
When you pull up the float arm does water stop dripping ,valve closes fully ? If not replace the valve.

Looking at the level of water and the rate of the dripping I don't think we are going to get into the realms of overflowing, but it was very noticeable and hard to sleep through!
is it an easy fix (DIY rookie here!).

Ben
Maybe not for you without looking @ a few Youtube vids ;) Just don't flush the toilet @ night(y)

Sponsored Links
you could try bending the float arm downwards , might stop it in the short term but will probably need replacing eventually

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back