Dripping water.............

Eddie M said:
When we moved house about 7 years ago, we moved from a house on a very busy A road to a house in the middle of nowhere. At first all was blissfully silent at night....... then a buzzing sound, wherever I moved it seemed to move, I opened the windows, the buzzing went outside. The whole village buzzed ? Very strange, after a few months, the buzzing stopped, so I guess either my hearing was stuffed or subsequently has been, or something either fixed itself (unlikely) or something am unaware of as now completely broken :confused: All was well........ until next March when the sheep in the field next door had their lambs, my god they're noisy. Bl**dy countryside. ;)

Wait until you are taxiing the kids hither and thither in their eternal quest for noisy life ... There is, young Edward ... No escape !!!

P

Sponsored Links
I can remember when I was a kid, a long time back, my dad kept complaining about some idiot banging something during the night, like a metallic clunk, every few seconds or so, it might last for a second or minutes on end, he was getting more and more annoyed as the days passed. One night he made his mind up, he would actually get out of his pit, and find the answer. Apperently he awoke the this strange, back-ground clunking, got out of bed and opened the window, only to realize the noise was in his bedroom. Moving closer to where mum was asleep, he found it was her, not snoring but every time she inhaled emitting this strange single click - after that it never actually bothered him again.

Eddie M said:
Premature death?

Nah ! married ? kids ? Then the dying process has taken hold, there is no respite .... I bet when one is 'looking at the lid' they'll still be knocking for something !!

Sighs.

P

Sponsored Links
planenut said:
I can remember when I was a kid, a long time back, my dad kept complaining about some idiot banging something during the night, like a metallic clunk, every few seconds or so, it might last for a second or minutes on end, he was getting more and more annoyed as the days passed. One night he made his mind up, he would actually get out of his pit, and find the answer. Apperently he awoke the this strange, back-ground clunking, got out of bed and opened the window, only to realize the noise was in his bedroom. Moving closer to where mum was asleep, he found it was her, not snoring but every time she inhaled emitting this strange single click - after that it never actually bothered him again.

Many years ago, woken early, 5 am, summers morn, someone sanding paintwork ?!!! @@###** Looking all around from window for some time .... Then spotted two Hedgehogs licking the creosoted, but not recently, fence !!!
P

Your posts are getting well odd these days, i'm straight down to the plow, and on a pint of what your having !! ;)

Eddie M said:
Your posts are getting well odd these days, i'm straight down to the plow, and on a pint of what your having !! ;)

Stick it on the old slate ... enjoy !! .... I remember old Acker and his 'Stranger on the shore' down the Plough ... He being a Pensford lad 'nall.

P

I shall be in bristol in oct... company meeting.. looking forward to seeing the sights.

Eddie M said:
I shall be in bristol in oct... company meeting.. looking forward to seeing the sights.

You'll get lost down these parts ... flying or driving ? passport up to date ?

pipme said:
Eddie M said:

Stick it on the old slate ... enjoy !! .... I remember old Acker and his 'Stranger on the shore' down the Plough ... He being a Pensford lad 'nall.

P

I Think my last post was rude, sorry, hope no offence taken. :(

No good me taking offence here !!
Life is too short and I been in it almost, too long.
;)

www.zider.co.uk

A website I occasionally look at thinking "next time I'm down Bristol way I will visit some "zoider 'ouses" and make a time of it". Never do, I always end up staying in some boring travel inn or other and can't be a**sed to find proper drink.

Sponsored Links
Back