Drivers that really grind your gears

Sponsored Links
Heading East on A14 where A/M11 joins. Presently only 2 lanes rather than 3. In outside lane at speed limit (50 mph) when a BMW flashed me to overtake, moved over when I could, he accelerated hard past me to next car in line - black BMW, again he flashed that car but unexpectedly, to him, it responded in kind but with blue and red flashing lights and an instruction to follow into the services!

I had a similar incident a few years back on the A14 between Newmarket & Bury St Edmunds. I was in the right hand lane, driving at about 65-68mph and behind a number of cars, whilst we were overtaking a group of 3 or 4 lorries. White unmarked transit van comes screaming up behind me flashing his lights and barely 2'-3' away from me. As we passed the lorries the car ahead signalled and moved over. I got ahead of the lead lorry and was signalling to move left when it was safe to do so, (i.e. when I could see him in my interior mirror as instructed to do when learning to drive many years previously), and white van man continued flashing and beeping his horn. As I moved left he went screaming past continuing with his actions to suddenly see a motorway patrol car directly ahead of him with a rolling message going across his rear windscreen telling him to pull over. Oh what sweetness! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
The left hand lane traffic slowed down to allow them both to move over and pull in to a lay-by and as we all passed everyone started beeping their horns and the lorries were blowing their really loud horns at him. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

A former workmate was a special constable, when his wife was driving a geezer was getting a bit aggressive on the motorway, he held his police ID out of the window, geezer turned off

Sponsored Links
It's the growing trend of drivers in the Left hand lane on Round-a-bouts turning right (say third exit or more). Not only frustrating but also dangerous. Where has that come from?

Sounds like lack of driving lessons.

Drivers, usually women, who stop at a roundabout when there is absolutely nothing coming from the right.
It's called peripheral vision... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Funny thats stuck around for yonks, every time I do a bit of tricky parking the wife always says "well done Reginald"

They made some great public info films in the 70s. Unfortunately they lost the film for the Molehusband one so it only lives on in our memories.

Thankfully, some still survive. Starring Captain Peacock.

Last edited:
They made some great public info films in the 70s. Unfortunately they lost the film for the Molehusband one so it only lives on in our memories.

Thankfully, some still survive.

I have saw the Reginald Molehusband one not many years ago, so it is still around somewhere.

What the hand signals, no cabin heater, no PASm AA/RAC saluting you and crossplys?

:LOL: all them as well as the adverts. I miss being able to ride on the back of the coal wagon or the pop lorry when they come round.
When I started work I lived in Liverpool but worked in Ellesmere Port across the river. A distance of around 25 miles from home to work, crammed in the back of a small Bedford van with up to 20 others or sometimes on the back of a 3 ton lorry sheltering under the tarpaulin if it was raining.

Using a pair of tights as a make shift get you home fan belt....... ( important that the girl friend did not know there was a spare fan belt in the boot )

And thumping the door pillar to get the indicator arm to pop up.

Sponsored Links
Back