Driveway drainage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm getting my driveway block paved. The driveway slopes down towards the house, so I'm planning on installing a drain at the bottom of it. This wickes product seems to be what I need. Just wondering how wide the drain should be? The driveway will be 17 foot. Would two meters of drainage be enough? Or should I go for 3 meters? And should it be in the middle of the drive or it would be ok towards the right or left hand side of the driveway side walls?

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Drive-And-Patio-Drain-Gully/invt/240733

Sponsored Links
I'd go for 3 metres. That'll still leave you 1 metre each side if it's in the middle.
As for middle, one side or t'other. I'd go for wherever it's beneficial to get the fall. Ensure that you do get the fall sorted properly.

Selco may be cheaper than Wickes.

I assume your positioning the outlet into a gulley, not just a rest bend, 'cos you can't prevent dirt etc going down the outlet. If you're draining to foul waste rather than soakaway, it'll have to be a gully.

Thanks.

We are planning on, drilling a hole in the driveway wall and directing the water down the wall to a already installed rainwater gully.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back