Driveway notice

Interesting. The only reason to refuse an application would be on safety grounds if the proposal did not meet the DETR guidelines. It should not be discretionary.
I've given up trying to work out the why's and wherefores of the council.

About three years ago, the council repaved a pavement on a road near me. loads of the houses, I would say over 50%, had turned their front gardens into parking without crossovers. Every single one of them failed the councils criteria on at least three points. 1)the vehicles stuck out over the pavement(unless you had a Smart car) 2) there wasn't the required clearance in front of the front doors 3)they weren't 5 metres deep
What did the council do in their infinite wisdom, when they re-did the pavement. yep they dropped the kerbs in front of those houses with no charge.
Spoilt my fun I used to enjoy parking in front of them and blocking them in.

Sponsored Links
perhaps they wanted to earn parking ticket revenue for overhanging the curb

perhaps they wanted to earn parking ticket revenue for overhanging the curb
unfortunately they don't enforce that either. The road is a nightmare to walk along, cars half parked on the path in the remaining parking bays, wheely bins left on the pavements and cars sticking out from these "driveways". You often see mothers with pushchairs having to walk in the road.

That's just sexist, that is. Why don't they make the fathers walk in the road?

Sponsored Links
But back on the subject. If there is no prospect of approval for very good highway safety reasons, I wouldn't help the council out by making an application for them to reject. As you will then have a rejected application on file which may be picked up by any future search and bring in to question the value of the house / outbuildings etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back