drug testing on site

Big_Spark said:
joe-90 said:
kendor said:
where's our resident solicitor? mustapha!

He ran off when I pointed out that he didn't understand how the CPS operated.

joe

Yet more of your misinformed fantasies Joe...your such a fool...

Where is he then? He did a runner and everyone can see that. It's the Internet, mate. Brain surgeon one day and a lawyer the next.

BTW, if you say, 'your a fool' rather than the correct, 'You're a fool', I'll let you guess who looks the fool.

joe

Sponsored Links
Big_Spark said:
kendor said:
but im unaware that it has become part of the employment act? is this the case now Mas?

I think if it is in your terms and conditions when you take up the employment, you have no argument, howveer if it is introduced AFTER your employed and you have not signed to agree to it, it would be illegal for your employer to take action against you for refusing.

However, if your in an industry that carried a higher risk, and being under the influence of drink or drugs would be extremely dangerous, then I think most sane people would agree to it IF it was for a good reason, not simply to fit some silly policy.
Kendor, I don't know but I do know the new employee now have to sign the new agreement on drink & drugs polices. To be fair to my company they will not sack you on the condition that you agreed for help which is free because we do work on a high risk industry which can cost millions if anyone make a mistake.

Ps: Just found this from the 'Your Rights' links,

Drug and Alcohol Screening

Testing may not be carried out without the employee’s consent. Consent may be obtained by making it a standard term in the contract of employment that employees consent to such tests. Random drugs screening and subsequent dismissal for a positive result has been held to be fair and not a breach of the right to a private life, however, the full factual circumstances will be relevant when deciding whether such a programme is fair in any particular case.

The employer may require employees not to have any trace of the prohibited substance in their bloodstream. This gives rise to particular problems when applied to drugs, as some soft drugs are detectable for more than a month after consumption. It is doubtful whether dismissal would be justified in circumstances where drugs have been consumed off duty and give rise to no impairment in performance, and where no breach of the criminal law is involved.

joe-90 said:
kendor said:

To be quite honest I haven't got a clue what you are blathering about. Are you on drugs?

joe
Phew, for a minute I thought I read a Softus post, must`ve been Deja vue, or not taking me tablets ;)

Sponsored Links
Back