dry/mixed concrete bags opinions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to put up 7 metal posts (palisade, security kind) and have my holes dug - 25cm square, 50cm deep. I'm thinking of what I can use to concrete them in and would prefer something I can buy dry mixed in bags and only water and mixing is needed. Don't fancy using postcrete, as I only tried it once and not for me! I'm used to mixing the grey/brown stuff, but don't want separate bags that need mixing and watering/mixing. I want to dump a bagstraight into my mixing bowl and shovel it around whilst adding water - more my kind of thing.

Anyone have any recommendations as what to use. So far I've only come across Hansons multi-purpose. Is it any good? Is there better available from the usual places? I'm in central Birmingham.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Wickes and co have bags of pre mixed concrete......often enough its just the sand and aggregate that is mixed, and the cement is in its own bag on the top.
If you don't want to use Postcrete - which is generally fine - I'd buy the ingredients separate and mix them in a wheelbarrow.
John :)

I used postcrete once, ages ago and wasn't too impressed. Seemed a bit lightweight and not many stones. Also, too many mixed opinions on it and too many methods. Is there a best way or tried and trusted method? Is it any better than a bag of concrete? Might be worth trying it out on one, but not convinced, as don't want to do it over again. I think the Hansons bag have all he ingredients mixed, not a separate little bag of cement. I have done the hard bit of digging the holes, so don't want to mess up now. Just searching these boards about postcrete had made my head spin due to a million differing opinions, not to mention horror stories. Diging out the soil was hard enough, digging out concrete/postcrete.... doesn't bear thinking about!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back