Dry Ridge End Cap advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of advice please.

We purchased a new house a while back and always thought that the Builders had missed the caps off the end of the ridges as we could see what seemed the join on the ones on the house but not on the ones which had been fitted to the garage.

Finally we had the roofing company visit the house and according to them the end caps have been fitted properly and what I'm seeing is where they have cut the end cap to fit - they have said that this is perfectly acceptable although I'm left feeling that the appearance is awful ?

In the meantime they put some black mastic on the cracks to hide the join.

Am I correct in thinking this has been botched ?

//www.diynot.com/network/mitchk/albums/21195

many thanks

mitch

Sponsored Links
Ha that's shocking!!! Is it a new build as well? Just goes to show how houses are built these days!!

It`s because the pitch of the roof is too steep for the standard end cap - usual nonsense from drawing board to sale - no one will take any responsibility :rolleyes: it`s a dry verge system - only hope is to buy a new cap of the exact same make and cut it accurately - then get access to fit it DIY. I personally would do that - BUT I`d get it all on video and put it on U tube - name and shame the eejits - the bigger the builder , the more I`d LOVE to do it :evil:

Sponsored Links
thanks very much - thought this would be the case.

House was built by Kendrick Homes in the Midlands - General build quality is appalling

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back