dry run washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just joined,i have a Bosch classixx 1200 express washing machine,which when i do a wash, there`s hardly enough water in there to clean the cloths properly and sometimes(quite often) not enough to dissolve the soap tablets that i put in,the clothes also look quite dry in there,i`m not nowhere near overloading the machine either,and the inline filter is not blocked either.
Now i know its one of these stupid environmental friendly machines which saves on water(probably because we haven`t much in this country) (NOT).Anyhow i was wondering if it was possible to frig the machine so it gets more water into it,at the moment i`m pouring extra in through the soap dispenser which is a pain,but does do a decent job.
Anyone have any ideas,apart from a new machine,which would probably be the same anyway.

Sponsored Links
Are the valves on the feed pipes fully turned on?
If they are then turn them off and remove pipe from rear of machine and check to see if filters in valves are clear. Pull off filters with a pair of pliers and clean them.

I have a Bosch machine and I agree that they use very little water when washing. This means that tablet based detergents indeed do not dissolve quickly. However drawer dispensed detergents still work well.

As the action of a washing machine is fundamentally the same as bashing your laundry against a rock the less water you use the better the washing action. As long as the clothes are wet though the machine will do the job.
Adding more water REDUCES the wash action........

Are the valves on the feed pipes fully turned on?
If they are then turn them off and remove pipe from rear of machine and check to see if filters in valves are clear. Pull off filters with a pair of pliers and clean them.

Thankyou for your reply,i have checked the pipe valve filter already,and that was fine, there is only one as its a cold feed machine only.

Sponsored Links
I have a Bosch machine and I agree that they use very little water when washing. This means that tablet based detergents indeed do not dissolve quickly. However drawer dispensed detergents still work well.

As the action of a washing machine is fundamentally the same as bashing your laundry against a rock the less water you use the better the washing action. As long as the clothes are wet though the machine will do the job.
Adding more water REDUCES the wash action........

It may well look as though i will have to use liquid or drawer based detergents instead of tablets. Until i get a new machine which uses plenty of water.Thankyou for your reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back