Drying too quick

Quick question if I may: Given the 24hrs PVA advice, should I be worried if I get a plasterer in and he starts plastering on the same morning? I too need old bare plaster skimmed.

Thanks.
He may well have the same problem controlling suction. If he knows it's raw plaster & understands what he's doing, he should be able to decide for himself; the size of the walls he’s skimming will also be a factor. Personally, I like to make my life as easy as possible so I wouldn't run the risk of cutting myself short on time for the sake of waiting until next day.

Also, it's always best to start your own thread rather than resurrect someone else’s old one. ;)

Sponsored Links
Cheers Richard, will do.

(The plasterer has 27years experience so I shall assume he knows what he's doing!).

i find with pva if its got a high suction the pva will suck in almost instantly and dry so another coat can be applied 20 to 30 mins later if its got low suction the pva will hang for ages like on artex etc so just wait till it goes tacky then skim it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back