Dryton wiser 1 wiring with Baxi combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Afternoon,

I'm planning to install the Dryton wiser combi kit tomorrow, and I thought it would be wise to ask around here beforehand as I haven't done such things before.

I've bought a 5 core heat resistant cable and my plan was to do the following:
- Piggyback the LNE connection from the boiler and connect the heating with removing the jumper and using the other two remaining wires (as shown on the picture).

Wiser.PNG

Also once this is done, I'm going to disable (put it into manual mode) the existing thermostat (salus).

Is there anything I've missed, or is it better not to piggyback from the boiler but from the switch and connect it like that?

Any comments or feedback is really appreciated.

Sponsored Links
No, looks ok to me, and piggybacking is fine.

I'm going to disable (put it into manual mode) the existing thermostat (salus).
Is the existing Salus receiver built into the boiler facia ? if it is then join the com and no wires together, setting it to manual can cause problems because they are absolute dire , much better idea to join the wires and then it doesnt matter if someone inadvertently in the future does something with the receiver setting

Sponsored Links
Is the existing Salus receiver built into the boiler facia ? if it is then join the com and no wires together, setting it to manual can cause problems because they are absolute dire , much better idea to join the wires and then it doesnt matter if someone inadvertently in the future does something with the receiver setting
Yes it is actually, will do it like that as it's a wise idea. Thanks for the tip!

This was spot on, as without connecting the two wire coming from the boiler it was not working. Thanks again.

Hello,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've tried to follow the above instructions and I'm stuck. I have a Baxi Platinum 40 Combi, which still has the old school turn dial jumper wheel timer built in.

I have purchased a Wiser One Channel kit and have ran a length of 5 core heating flex cable from the boiler and out to the wall plate.
I've piggybacked and connected Live, Neutral and Earth to the existing cables in the Baxi Boiler, and the Drayton hub unit comes on and joins the wifi ok. It just never actually turns the heating on when I set it, so I'm assuming I've either:

1. Stuffed up the Live and Switched Live connections
2. Need to disconnect the old manual timer
or hidden option 3 - both :rolleyes:

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is doing my head in! Pictures below for ease:

Wall Plate_M(1).jpg

Boiler_M(1).jpg

Too much copper on show on the wiring, remove the link between L and 1 as it’s not needed and set timer to constant. See if that works.

Too much copper on show on the wiring, remove the link between L and 1 as it’s not needed and set timer to constant. See if that works.
Thanks I'll give that a try.
For my benefit, the link between L and 1 is mentioned in the Drayton instructions as needed because the output connections are voltage free. Is this something to do with the Baxi Boiler as to why they're not needed for me?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks I'll give that a try.
For my benefit, the link between L and 1 is mentioned in the Drayton instructions as needed because the output connections are voltage free. Is this something to do with the Baxi Boiler as to why they're not needed for me?
Yes, so basically the boiler has mains out and mains return, so it would provide the 230vac for terminal 1, the same function as linking the L and 1 - if that makes sense?

Last edited:
Boom - working a treat now, thanks very much mate! Been doing my head in for hours that.

Cheers!

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back