Dual Cooker connection plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
About right, considering free shipping. Think they are around £12.

Search with google for Scolmore 45A DUAL APPLIANCE OUTLET PLATE. The first one I found was £6-60. Depends if you need anything else at the same time though.

Sponsored Links

Slightly off topic, and sorry for the poor picture, but note the label in the bottom right going to the hob.

It has two live connections. L1 & L2.
I assume this is to share the load.
Is this for connection to a 3 phase system or split phase system?

Out of interest could it be connected to a different circuit/MCB to share the load?

Thanks

What model is the hob? Is it a Whirlpool by chance?
The cable configuration seems to allow for single phase connection by joining conductors at outlet rather than link in at hob plate.

Siemens but I have also seen Bosch with 6 wires too.

John yes 2 neutrals and 2 earths but the label separates the lives.

It will because the hob can be used on two phase.
Schoolboy error, black to be sleeved brown and white sleeved blue!

John yes 2 neutrals and 2 earths but the label separates the lives.
Indeed. As discussed, I presume the arrangement pictured (with neutrals joined but L1 and L2 separate) is for a 'split-load' ('2-phase') supply - or, I suppose, despite the imbalance, 2 phases of a 3-phase+N supply.

What I'm not so sure of is under what circumstances (if any) one would want to separate the two neutrals - supply from two single-phase circuits on different RCDs is about the only situation I could think of, and that's hardly likely!

Kind Regards, John

They come with the wires crimped together so you can't add sleaving easily, well that is my excuse anyway!

Sleavings overrated anyway except for roses.

John - it may come back to the argumemt of using many wires for a more flex able cable.

Now if only I could find a 3 or 4 pole cooker isolator switch!

John - it may come back to the argumemt of using many wires for a more flex able cable.
Possibly - or maybe they couldn't find any 4-core flex (don't really need two CPC's, either) :)
Now if only I could find a 3 or 4 pole cooker isolator switch!
Well, if you're prepared to be flexible with your definitions, there are plenty of 3 and 4 pole isolators out there :)

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back