Dual function pull cord switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a bathroom pull cord switch with dual function -

Pull once to activate the fan
Pull twice to switch the light on (fan continues running)
Third pull resets (switches both off)

I'm sure these switches are available - anyone know the correct name for them and where I can get one?

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean.

it'll be a 3 position "toggling" pullcord switch. They exist, but good luck finding one... Just looked at RS and cpc but can't see nowt.

plus it'd need to be double pole too.

Erm, PIR controlled fan instead?

Ye iz right Ben. . . I can't find one.

I've considered PIR but all I really want to do is change the switching. The fan is new, the wiring is inaccessible and there's the Part P special location regs to consider. It's just a case of wanting to be able to run the fan without turning the lights on when I'm showering or taking a carp during daylight hours.

PIR would activate the fan every time I want to wash my hands or blow my nose and continue for the specified overrun - I don't want the hippies and eco-police round here!

New question then . . . are there any wall mounted switches permissible for use in bathrooms?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back