Dual Gas /water/electricity Supply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello esteemed experts,

I have raised few queries before about converting 2 terraced houses into one . I have had a look at various threads but nothing clear cut about these energy/water supplies.

The work has not started to merge the houses but would start in next 6-8 weeks so need some idea as what to do.

I would have 2 supplied for water/gas/electricity. Ideally i would like to keep only one supply of each and would like to get the other disconnected, but is that simple ? or are there massive cost associated from the suppliers for disconnection??

Any ideas pros/cons of keeping 2 supplies and keeping 1 and disconnection. Cost is major factor in deciding so please give some ideas.

Thanks[/b]

Sponsored Links
Getting these things in can be the costly side of the process, not taking them out. If i'm right in thinking they only need capping off, ,and then let the relevant utilities companies know.

Although i'm not sure about the exact costs, I was looking at changing the use of 3 flats back into a single dwelling, and in the scheme of the project the prices were pennies.

Thanks for response.

I only need them capped (as long as meters are disconencted. if removed would be better with minimal cost) as donot want to maintain 2 sets of bills and donot want ugly box in the living room.

and in the scheme of the project the prices were pennies

pennies :)) like it, does this mean any qualified person can do this job, or does it have to be a national grid/utility engineer's visit to do the job ? or inspection required ?[/quote]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back