Dual immersion heater

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently posted a query about installation of dual immersion heaters (my first dual) and received very useful information and advice. I am now doing a similar job but with a stainless steel cylinder. I know that I need an incoloy or titanium heater for this cylinder. These are the specs
-cylinder is stainless steel and 90L
-direct and vented
-Dual (sink /bath) immersion heater
-maximum length 700mm
-the elements and stat pocket titanium or incoloy
-loads should be approximately 3KW and 2.7KW
-stat preferably stainless steel.

I have used my existing suppliers and researched the net and I cannot find a suitable product anywhere.

A little surprising given the energy cost advantages of dual heaters and stainless steel cylinder! However I would be very grateful of anyone knows of a source of such a product?
Look forward to hearing from anyone who can help!
Regards. Chas

Sponsored Links
I would have thought the more modern tank would take two independent immersion heaters, and would not require a duel type?

Duel type fit in top of tank, and most SS tanks the immersion fits in side of tank.

Always of course the Willis system.

bog standard cylinder; RM Aquastel. However is an indirerct cylinder used an a direct. Immersion at the top.

My knowledge of plumbing is limited, I like the idea of the Willis system, but not sure how well it works, the idea is to control the amount of water heated using time, but not sure how well it works in practice.

As to indirect and direct I assume down to how strong the cylinder is, one can still have mains pressure hot water without pressurising whole tank to mains pressure, the mains pressure bit can go through the hot coil, but it depends on the size of hot coil, I would think the question is better asked in plumbing section, as one could be looking at a big bang.

Sponsored Links
Sorry ericmark but I don't follow your thoughts. All I am looking for is a source for a particular kind of immersion heater. But, perhaps, I will try re=posting in the plumbing section. Thanks. Chas

Duplicate thread in the plumbing section.

Do we need to always teach people to use google search ?

Thank you Rodderrs53. I posted in the electrical section first and a respondent suggested the plumbing; However I almost immediately received a very helpful answer in this section. (Just above your post).
I am afraid the link you gave me was not very helpful; none, none, of the immersion heaters listed met the requirement. Thr tricky part was in finding a dual immersion heater that had incoloy stat pockets! Just as an exercise try searching what I was looking for using whatever search engine you like. It is not that easy. Relying on the accumulated knowledge and experience of this forum is much, much more productive!
Thanks anyway. Regards. chas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back