Dual pitch help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for advice on a single storey extension.

5m out x 9m wide.

Definitely can’t go mono pitch. I’m struggling with dual pitch, at 22 deg the roof is blocking most view from bedrooms. Windows are as high as poss.

Are there any low pitch tiles to complement Forticrete Gemini plain interlocking tiles, in colour Autumn? Their min pitch is 22.

Any suggestions please

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Any suggestions please
Flat roof?

When you consider that you need to measure from the DPC up to about 2.5 courses down from the sills, you are left with a lot less rise than you think. I'm guessing a pitch of about 10 or 11 degrees.

Flat roof looks more likely.

Noseall, sorry that is from the DPC to window cill.

I’m aiming for the ridge to be the same height as window cill, not below, I know that’s the best I can get.

Really don’t fancy a 45m2 flat roof at all.

Noseall, sorry that is from the DPC to window cill.

I’m aiming for the ridge to be the same height as window cill, not below, I know that’s the best I can get.

Really don’t fancy a 45m2 flat roof at all.
you cant have ridge level with cil like noseall said you need too be a good 2 or more courses below to allow for tile build up and lead
nice flat roof it is

There will be a valley between house and roof

Dual pitch so ridge will be a couple of metres away from house

if i understand correctly valley or box gutter
then those sandtoft go to 15 deg so pic a number from 15-22 and bobs ya uncle 15=3 inch rise 22=4.75 inch rise

Bob I can’t work out what the pitch will be if ridge is at cill height. Sorry don’t understand the rise

Have you heard of Permavent easy roof? I already have enough tiles but they only go to 22 deg so wonder if this product is the solution?

Yes lead valley

22 deg rises 4,75 every 12 "
so you want youre wallplate to be about 980mm from cill ( roughly )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back