Dulux PaintPod

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.dulux.co.uk/products/paintpod/index.jsp

Anyone used one of these yet?
Looks like a brilliant piece of kit, or is this just an expensive gimmick.

Im going to be re-decorating a 3 bedroom house soon and I love the idea of not having to clean the roller at the end of every night.

What are your opinions on this?

Sponsored Links
Not used one and dont think I ever will. The only benefit I can see is you dont have stop to load the roller.. WOW!! But you still need to stop and cut in.. erm where does it show that ?? lol. I reckon I could have rolled an finished off a room before the pod is loaded and plugged in..
Plus the paint would have to be supplied in them special(pricey) containers.. Verrrry diy and thumbs down from me .

Or to put it simple terms...

Pile of ****..

If something looks too good to be true, then it usually is!!!! ;)

Sponsored Links
Or to put it simple terms...

Pile of s**t..
For a pro like Zampa, Yes. But I did a room for my Sis in Law who bought a pod... T`was ok :eek: and I found the triangular brush very good .....The one from Dulux, in the kit for cutting in :oops:

I have to admit those triangular brushes were surprisingly good

I have one of these and i think they are really good no mess at all and hands stay clean no paint splater any where and i do beleive it is quicker to paint the room with one of these.
But the main thing i noticed is that for some reson you never seem to run out of paint i painted a room 6m by 3m with two coats and still have i think enough to give it another 2-3 coats easily??? and the paint job looks very impressive even if i do say so myself :D and the self clean system is also very effective.
The down side is that not a lot off colour variety yet but asked at b&q and they reckon new colours will be out shortly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back