Dummy Box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for recommendations on a dummy external alarm box.
Ideally one that lights up, but does not require hardwiring.

Solar or battery I guess, unless there are ones that work with a remote sensor.

Any informed advise appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Lights up ? Do you want a backlit bell box or just a led indication of a live unit ? You can get away with a battery for the led option but you will need a 12v supply for a back lit unit .

Bentley make a battery operated single or twin led module complete with battery, try to get a bellbox with a clear backplate / strobe cover as the LEDs will be more visible or feed with a 12v psu

Sponsored Links
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-Flashing-5mm-LED-Light-with-9v-Battery-Box-Dummy-Car-Boat-Shed-Van-Alarm-/141631501893?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20f9e53645

Something like this?

They last 2 weeks on a 9v battery ! I've tried them don't bother

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
..fitted several hundred and their brilliant...lithium ion batteries and made in Dorset I'm told.....Cheap realistic security...all you need in addition is a couple of cable ties!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the input.

The flashing LEDs look ideal, and if they last 10 years rather than a couple weeks, that is exactly what I want.
I have a local alarm company that will give me a decoy box with company name on, so that is a bit of result. They were unaware of any type of suitable affect light,

The Bentley one I think sparkyMarka referred to...

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/bentley-double-flash-unit-with-two-leds-p-3742.html

They also sell dummy boxes, like this example...

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/honeywell-ag6whdummy-bell-box-p-2190.html

I have no connection to the company, but I've ordered from them a few times and always had great service.

The Benley ones are ok BUT in fairness they are like the chinese ones on the bay....have used them previously BUT since using the L-ion ones they are so much better, almost no comparasin...have got ones still running after 3yrs!!

We tend to fit them on behalf of ****** Council in troubled areas as the council are too tight to pay for an alarm :LOL:
That is telling the burglars that some alarms in certain area are dummies. sort of defeats the purpose of putting a dummy box on the wall.

Hi
In your experience where is the best place to mount the LEDs? I,m guessing two holes in the bottom (facing down) of the box?
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back