Dunfermline BS Goes Bust

Sponsored Links
The same one that normally subsidises the Welsh and Scottish people, because they are part of th e "UK" when it suits

Sponsored Links
woohoo does that mean interest rates are going down again perhaps even negative? Great cant wait to receive a payment from them for a change when the mortgage is due :D

North Sea Oil has just about gone so it's a good time to let Scotland have its independence.

95% of oil reserves and 50% of gas would go to scotland and that is still a substancial amount especially with new technology finding more ways to recover and find the oil

95% of oil reserves and 50% of gas would go to scotland and that is still a substancial amount especially with new technology finding more ways to recover and find the oil
what? you're kidding me and we let them go independant?? normally we'd bomb the living daylights out of them to get our hands on the oil!

I think I was the one touted as the 'expert' by someone else. Whilst I wouldn't go that far I do work in the industry.

And yes I decided that if you were happy in your ignorance then it was best to leave you to it :D

I think I was the one touted as the 'expert' by someone else. Whilst I wouldn't go that far I do work in the industry.

And yes I decided that if you were happy in your ignorance then it was best to leave you to it :D

Well give me the answer to the question I set you (which I've forgotten).

I can't remember either...

But as I recall you were arguing that oil was going to run out immenently and I was telling you that there was still more oil left in the north sea than has been extracted to date.

20 or so years ago to recover 20% of the inventory was considered good going but with modern technology 60% is achievable (though at this moment in time not commercially viable for most fields) and the technlogy will only get better as the price of oil increases and it makes commercial sense.

At the moment the main bottleneck in oil production is refinerys and lack of investment in topside facilities.

There is enough oil left there for considerably more than 50 years :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back