Dust control equipment hire - house renovation

I have been looking at the ducted fans - I was thinking of a 12" 3600m3/hr. which seems pretty powerful. what did you use?
Basically, the rooms are small and I only used a large desk fan, that I ducted out of the window.
But as @opps has said, there are methods builders can use to avoid much of the dust being created in the first place. Don't get carried away with extraction fans, when a false ceiling, or a thorough vacuum from above, will get rid of a century's worth of coal dust from the attic first!
It's better to ge rid of it at source, than to rely on extraction when it's already permeated every orifice!

Sponsored Links
The fan I used for dust control was a 12in unit recovered from the heat exchanger in a redundant climatically control test room.

This is a very similar one
fan _03.jpg

Sponsored Links
Is there any option to be out of the house while the work is going on? Rent a flat? Stay at a friends? Go on holiday? Park a caravan on your drive?
It would get you away from the dust and let the guys crack on with the work........

I would hire a ducted fan for the area they are working in, then maybe get a domestic air purifier for "dust free" area

My wife is very sensitive to dust, so I put my air purifier just inside the door of the bedroom, so if any dust gets through, it gets sucked up straight away. This seems to work well

I would hire a ducted fan for the area they are working in, then maybe get a domestic air purifier for "dust free" area

My wife is very sensitive to dust, so I put my air purifier just inside the door of the bedroom, so if any dust gets through, it gets sucked up straight away. This seems to work well
Thanks, that's a really good idea. Someone else recommended them but I thought they were a bit of a con. Any you recommend ? Do you just get one on Amazon or does it have to be a HEPA air filter?

Is there any option to be out of the house while the work is going on? Rent a flat? Stay at a friends? Go on holiday? Park a caravan on your drive?
It would get you away from the dust and let the guys crack on with the work........
No chance unfortunately. I would if I could.

Why do you think they are a con?

A good one isn't cheap, but you can get a hepa H13 one for £100 or so, but a decent one is £2-300

We got a blueair one that is excellent

Why do you think they are a con?

A good one isn't cheap, but you can get a hepa H13 one for £100 or so, but a decent one is £2-300

We got a blueair one that is excellent
Thanks. I'll have a look.

I've never used one, just thought the stuff for domestic use more for show and you couldn't get the benefit without some sort of industrial / commercial quality expense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back