Dyson DC04 noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Dyson DC04 Absolute and when I use it, it makes an horrific noise as though something is caught in it. The brush is clean and I've checked all the pull out sections to check for foreign objects. Also taken the brush off but couldn't find anything. Filters are clean too.

It does work however when I switch it to the delicate floors and rugs option, it also works when upright and using the nozzle. It just doesn't like the normal vacuuming mode.

Please help as my back is killing me from vacumming with the nozzle.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
From what you describe the noise only occours when the brush drive is engaged, so the problem must be either the brush itself or the drive to it. Remove the brush again & look at where the belt goes to, if everything is ok then you will need to go much deeper & check the motor bearing,but it does not sound like that is the cause.

Thanks jj4091

Will have another look behind the brush. We really don't want to fork out 30 odd quid + for a repair/service, so any he advice is greatly appreciated.

Your welcome, hope you can fix it, Dyson charge 50 odd quid I'm afraid.

Sponsored Links
mine did this,it was to do with the drive belt jamming and not rotating the brush properly,have a good look to see if there are any objects stuck in there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back