Dyson DC08 - On switch cut-out - help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just wondered if anyone an help me out... I've got a Dyson DC08 which is about 4 years old. Never had a problem with it before and it's been regularly cleaned/filter changed and washed when needed.

However, as of last week, it won't stay on when i switch it on and cuts out immediately. I have found that if i leave it for a few hours and then try again, it will come on. But if i then turn it off, it won't come back to life.

I've cleaned the main blue filter and replaced the other one at the bottom, but to no avail.

Also, it could be my imagination but i'm pretty that when i do get it to work, if I then turn it off the engine seems to take a lot longer to wind down and seems to whine quite a lot.

Anyone recognise this problem and know how to fix it? I've heard Dyson's are a bit of a pain to take apart/reassemble, but any advice that saves me having to buy a new one (apart from just taping the button down!), would be muchos appreciated.

Ed

Sponsored Links
Hi

Just wondered if anyone an help me out... I've got a Dyson DC08 which is about 4 years old. Never had a problem with it before and it's been regularly cleaned/filter changed and washed when needed.

However, as of last week, it won't stay on when i switch it on and cuts out immediately. I have found that if i leave it for a few hours and then try again, it will come on. But if i then turn it off, it won't come back to life.

I've cleaned the main blue filter and replaced the other one at the bottom, but to no avail.

Also, it could be my imagination but i'm pretty that when i do get it to work, if I then turn it off the engine seems to take a lot longer to wind down and seems to whine quite a lot.

Anyone recognise this problem and know how to fix it? I've heard Dyson's are a bit of a pain to take apart/reassemble, but any advice that saves me having to buy a new one (apart from just taping the button down!), would be muchos appreciated.

Ed
I'm sorry i don't have the answer for the question you posted regarding your DC08 Dyson model, but i do wonder if you could help me as i also have a Dyson DC08, my problem is that i cannot seem to connect my Dyson contact head to the telescopic part of the hoover, if it is no trouble could you tell me if I'm missing a part from my model, or if is no inconvenience could you send me a picture of your Dyson.

Thank you.
Marc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back