Dyson DC04 Power cable and switch removal

GBW

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My mains lead is pulling out of the cord grip below the push switch. I obviously need to remove the switch but can't see how it is held in. Can anyone tell me where to insert a screw driver to snap the switch holder out please?
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Thin, bent, screwdriver down the side of the on/off button. You should see a tiny slot where it goes in. Waggle it and the button should pop out.

Hello, and thanks for your help.
I guess this is the slot down the side of the button itself (on the same side as the handle)? Very small and about an inch deep?
Bloody Dysons - still won't come away. Thought I'd better just check before I lean on it a bit harder. Tried welding wire as that was all I had that was thin enough and then filed a flat in case it needed a "lead in".

They are a pain to get off. Dyson engineers have a special tool which is basically a terminal screwdriver with a bend in the shaft. Insert the flat of the blade and lean in toward handle and it pushes the retaining clip in.

Sponsored Links
Thank you Sleepyhead.
Have managed it using a small allen key with an extra bend.
Cable outer had cracked and separated so repair is straightforward. However to have left it would have been creating a substantial safety risk.
But what a so and so to get that blooming button out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back