E.L.C.B.s

The only proper way to test an RCD is with an RCD tester, you should test the EFLI with a loop tester first tho.
Which part of gods county are you from?

Sponsored Links
South west at the foot of Blackcombe, where the sheep run scared :LOL:

I'm going into hiding :LOL:
You're about 3 miles away from me - if not closer :eek:

That is a bit scary, probably pass you in Wellington street without recognising you. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Thanks to you both. Spark123 , having read your link I now think I may be mistaken in thinking that it is the voltage operated type as we were still installing them long after 1981,

AFAICT, I think that article is wrong. The withdrawl date for VO-ELCB's from the regs was January 1985, so you may well have been installing them after 1981.

Thanks securespark ,but the other difference about the number of earth connections would indicate it is an rcd also as yet it still has not tripped again, so I have no idea why it was.I think I will put it on my round tuit list & get a new one in anticipation when I next order from screwfix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back