EAL Certified Domestic Installer Course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

im currently doing the above course and im struggling with a few questions. im fine with the electrical questions, since im studying to be a spark, but on the course you get asked questions which i have no idea about, here is one example -

- Give TWO reasons why it is necessary for the main contractor to produce a schedule of work for an extension

now im not a main contractor, once qualified i would be working for a main contractor as a sub contractor, so i have no idea how to answer this question, could anyone help please

Sponsored Links
I'm not a spark or a main contractor but here's my theoretical solution...

If you reverse the question round the other way and think about what you would expect a main contractor to give to you in order for you to be able to complete a job successfully, you have your answer.

Steve

im currently doing the above course and im struggling with a few questions. im fine with the electrical questions, since im studying to be a spark, but on the course you get asked questions which i have no idea about
That shouldn't happen - the lecturer is supposed to cover everything.

Sponsored Links
im currently doing the above course and im struggling with a few questions. im fine with the electrical questions, since im studying to be a spark, but on the course you get asked questions which i have no idea about
That shouldn't happen - the lecturer is supposed to cover everything.

You know full well all most tutors care about is getting people out the door with the bare minimum so they can get the next bunch of soon to be dangerous monkeys in for their 5 day im a spark now courses.

Yeah, but if they can't get them through the course because they don't teach them what the tests contain....

[/quote]You know full well all most tutors care about is getting people out the door with the bare minimum so they can get the next bunch of soon to be dangerous monkeys in for their 5 day im a spark now courses.[/quote]

who said that i was doing a 5 day course? ive been studying to become a spark for the last 3 years, i have my 17th and building regs qualifications, wot do you have?

oh and by the way i have seen many time served sparks do dangerous work and hand out certs, for example how the hell can you test and pass a ring when on two of the sockets the phase isnt connected at all, however this "time served" spark signed and handed out a cert and he was a member of elecsa, did he really carry out any tests on the ring?

it was me who had to trace and correct his shody work, also maybe this guy didnt know anything about safe zones, coz last time i checked zig zagging a cable up a wall behind plasterboard wasnt allowed, maybe i'm wrong coz im just a monkey.

But the EAL domestic installer course is a five day course :confused:
there is a level 3 eal domestic installers course now
the first one they brought out was a level 2

Course level is irrelevant when the content is significantly less than other qualifications to the same level, the level system is as flawed as the government expenses system.

2393 is level 3 and is a one time multiguess with 20 questions in 40 mins
2330 level 3 has a 30 question multi guess 2 full practical exams and 2 written exams. To have taken this they must have also completed 2 practicals and 4 multiguess exams for level 2.

Now try and say that the supposed level attached means anything.

hi jono i dont know whats involved in the eal course
i was just pointing out there is a level 3 version

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back