Earth bonding in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am refitting my kitchen and wish to ensure that correct earth bonding is in place - there was no earth bonding prior to the refit.

As part of the work done so far, I have cut a channel in the brickwork and have buried pipes for the hot and cold water supply to the sink, washing machine and dishwasher. These pipes now protrude from the wall near the new sink at one end and then go into the wall and then into a roof void immediately above the kitchen.

My question is...can I earth bond in the roof void (much easier) or do I need to take earthing cable down to where the pipes protrude from the wall near the sink. There are no plastic connectors of any sort in the copper tubing and the sink to be fitted is ceramic.

Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
There is no need to supplimentary bond pipework in a kitchen, but you must make sure there is a main equipotential bond to the cold water supply within 600mm or before any branches of the main stoptap on the consumers side pipework.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back