Earth bonding on push-fits. Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I can't find a decent answer to this anywhere. If the copper pipes in a bathroom are altered and now include push-fit elbows + tee's etc, to me this breaks the continuity bonding. I heard that these fittings should be bridged with green/yellow earth wire. The question i have is that why do I never see this bridging on push fit (plastic) braided(metal) hose tap connectors?

Perhaps, is this in case there is a non-visable break in the pipework further away and the plastic push fit connector on the braided tap connector would stop the taps becoming live? But then is there a risk that the braided hose would not be bonded. Like I say, I've never seen pushfit braided tap connectors under baths bridged with bonding. Maybe the connectors would crush the rubber pipe inside? Or there should be no stray current under the bath anyway? In this case it's a metal bath that is earthed
Sorry, I've tried to make it as clear as I can, hope it makes sense. Please help because this earthbonding stuff drives me crazy! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Me too :oops: I`d ask the sparky forum . As an old skool plumber the only time i saw E.B on a bath could be useful was when 007 chucked a electric fire into the bath with one of Blofield`s cronies in it :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back