Earth bonding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I've just moved a radiator in my house of which the flow and return pipes were bonded to the gas pipe directly below the bolier. As the flow and return pipes are now no-where near the gas pipe i have removed the bonding.

Is this ok (safe). I'm having a new boiler fitted in a couple of weeks where all bonding will be put back on. In the meantime i'm just a bit worried about blowing the house up (and the kids).

Please advise. :confused:

Sponsored Links
As long as you have bonding at the gas meter and near the stop cock that is all that is required.
Apart from supplementary bonding in a bathroom, which I'm assuming you are not referring to.

yes thanks very much. The main gas pipe is earthed just as it comes up through the floor into the house and there is an earth wire on the mains water under the sink. both go to the CU.

Just for interest, is all this bonding required in case a live wire touches the copper piping or a build up of static or someting else. Interesting stuff if you know what its all about.

Thanks again. Will sleep well.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back