Earth bonding

Many thanks to all of you for all the advise and apologies for not posting this in the right place, I'm a 'diynot' fresher so I'll know for next time.while I'm on what a great site, I'm amazed by the response thank you :D

Sponsored Links
Lads,
Sparks123 is spot on with his advice. There is a document at http://www.iee.org/Publish/WireRegs/EarthingPlasticPipes.pdf which is worth reading to explain the thinking behind not bonding where the pipe work is plastic.
Strange as it seems at first, bonding in some cases will actually increase the risk of a fatal accident. Remember voltage itself is harmless. Think of a little bird landing on a power line. Does it no harm. Current, which is electricity flowing kills, and it takes very very little to be fatal. Voltage pushes the current through so we say "Danger High Voltage". What we really want is to be certain that we do not provide a way for electricity to flow through a person. So no voltage, by using proper fitting, respecting zones etc or no way to flow.

bond everything,
even your underwear!!!!!!!!
(that's what my old boss used to say......the muppet!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back