earth fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
when i touch a screw on one of my sockets in the kitchen and put my hand on the sink i get an electric shock without my breaker tripping?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Do you have a copper pipe water / drain installation?
This could possibly be put down to your main equipotential bonding not being up to spec or a fault on the socket circuit.
Main Eq bonding = the connection between the main earth terminal and where the water pipe, gas etc pipe enter the premises.

It might not be coming out of the screw, it may be going into the screw.

it is in a purpose built flat so is my mains water supply bonded outside my flat?

Greeny said:
it is in a purpose built flat so is my mains water supply bonded outside my flat?

Sorry, but I do not have satellite vision. Maybe you could tell us if it is there

if it is a live to earth fault why isn't the breaker tripping? i'll have to check whether there is still voltage there when i turn the fuse board off, im sure i did check that when i turn't it off and there wasn't any voltage?

its only a couple of hours drive from birmingham can't you come down and see if the bonding has been done outside of my flat?????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back