Earth Testing Continuance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm only an apprentice 2nd year Electrician and am currently having an argument with my boss. I don't think I know everything but as an adult apprentice I believe I have a better knowledge of how things work then the younger guys who always just agree with my boss no matter what he says.

The argument we are having is this, we are finishing up building a motel, 4 stories and have finished wiring and almost finished fitting off and termination all connections, until the main board is built and Earth electrode installed he is going to send us off to other jobs that are really a waste of time while I am arguing that we could begin testing the earth continuance of all the units that are completed. Ok the earth fault loop impedence cannot be tested as there is no earth stake connected but could we not begin testing each apartment to ensure the earthing circuit is completed without damage back to the sub board on each level then finish earth testing when the Main board is completed?

His argument is that without the earth stake the results are useless, my argument is that we are only testing the continuance and resistance of each sub circuit so when the time comes we will only have to test from the sub board on each floor to the earthing electrode.

Sponsored Links
I don't see why you can't.
You should be able to test for continuity and resistance of all conductors and the IR tests, without the board being hooked up to the earth electrode.

Sponsored Links
Back