EARTH

RF Lighting said:
I know of an overhead TN-S round our way. Will get a pic next time I'm up there :LOL:

They are a rarity!

I know of a couple farms that still are, must most have been changed to overhead split-cons.

Sponsored Links
Does anybody know any way of posting a PP file here?

I have a presentation on this very topic, with pictures supplied by, amongst others, the very kind RF Lighting.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but it was easier to do it this way. I have all sorts of access codes on my website & have long forgotten them... :oops:

I have done it another (very laborious) way!!

Here is my presentation. Please feel free to use this as reference, but do not abuse this & copy it for your own or other's use in any way, as it is copyright.

The presentation is missing a photo of TN-S with earth from the sheath.

I must point out that the images are used with the permission of, amongst others, RF Lighting. Thank you.

image2.gif

image3.gif

image4.gif

image5.gif

image6.gif

image7.gif

image9.gif

image10.gif

image11.gif

image12.gif

image13.gif

image14.gif

image15.gif

image16.gif

image17.gif

Lectrician said:
RF Lighting said:
I know of an overhead TN-S round our way. Will get a pic next time I'm up there :LOL:

They are a rarity!

I know of a couple farms that still are, must most have been changed to overhead split-cons.[/quot

There are quite a good few overhead TN-S earths using a seperate conductor as earth in the area where I live.

CAWORK said:
Lectrician said:
RF Lighting said:

They are a rarity!

I know of a couple farms that still are, must most have been changed to overhead split-cons.[/quot

There are quite a good few overhead TN-S earths using a seperate conductor as earth in the area where I live.

Still a rarety........sort your quote out ;)

you can usually tell if a supply is tns or tncs (if it's not visually obvious)

do a Ze (L-E)

do a PSC (short circuit current L-N)

if readings are very similar TNC-S

If there is a decent difference TN-S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back